12 July 2006

Welcome to the blogzone! New beginnings

Well, here it goes, I'm finally blogging. Thanks for reading

Why blog?

- To let people know what I'm doing creatively.
- To provide space to think and debate
- To provide links to things I'm interested in that I think you may be interested in too.

Some info about me:

I'm Rachel, and I don't fit easily into boxes. For most of my life, I've looked for role models, and stability. Finding neither in conventional places, I've branched out and decided to go my own way.

I worked as a lawyer for more than 10 years, then trained simultaneously as a life coach (with Coach U ) and in acting, playwriting and directing with Morley College Acting Studio. I coached part time and was involved in fringe theatre productions in London, and juggled clubs for a hobby (and my time for real!). Life got very busy, so I took a career break from law, headed to a yoga centre for 3 months, and came back to New Zealand to connect with my family, and my roots.

I'm heading back to Greece now for 3 months to work at Yoga Plus . Then back to Christchurch to do my best to help other people to bring their creative projects to fruition, to learn as much as I can about producing theatre and films, and to act and improvise as much as possible.

Thanks for reading. In the future, I expect to blog on questions about the value and place of theatre, how to market it and make the audience bigger (because it's good for them, and fun, and because I and other wonderful creative people want to make a living by enriching other peoples' lives!) Any other topic you want to read about - let me know.

See you round!

No comments:

Blog Archive